It's been quite awhile since I've made a blouse. I was drawn to this pattern because of the cute collar and puffed sleeves- the combination is very feminine. The darts and princess seams give a very nice fitted shape to the blouse.
I used cotton lawn from Denver Fabrics. I spent about $10 on the fabric and purchased the buttons as well. I really like this fabric. It is super light weight but not sheer, so it feels great in the sticky hot weather we are having right now.
I did not have any problems constructing the pattern or interpreting the instructions. Blouses in general take longer to make because of all the different steps. I probably spent about 4 hours sewing time on this.
I did not make any changes to the design or alterations. I did have one big OOPS! My buttonholes are not evenly spaced. And of course I did not realize this until I had sewn them up and cut them. And I don't know how in the world it happened! I traced the buttonhole placement from the guide. I double checked the guide which is drafted correctly. The good thing is that my buttons are small and pink which blends into the print of the fabric. I've worn this out once with my husband and MIL (who can be very critical at times). Noone was the wiser.
I think the blouse is very cute and has a retro vibe to it. My husband calls it "dowdy". I don't think he likes how it is buttoned all the way up. But you could always pair it with a sexy skirt or capris. I don't always care what he thinks anyway!