I wasn't planning on doing one of these but I've truly enjoyed reading everyone's recaps and goals so I thought "why not?"
The projects I am most proud of this year came from my Spring/Summer wardrobe plan. I made almost every garment from this collection and now have a variety of pieces I can mix and match.
I don't want to set any hard and fast New Year's Resolutions because I don't want to disappoint myself by failing or feel obligated to do something if I've changed my mind. But I do have some general goals I would like to use to guide my sewing/blogging this next year:
1) Blog more often. I don't want to blog just for the sake of posting something. This goal is in line with #2- I want to have more great projects to share. I have a few ideas floating around in my mind in regards to the blog so you may see some new features and content this year.
2) Sew more often. I struggled with finding the time to sew in 2011 with a newborn baby but we've got a pretty good routine we developed in 2012. Logan goes to sleep for the evening, my husband catches up on his favorite sports, and I go get 1-2 hours of sewing done. It's worked out pretty well and I hope to have even more to show in 2013.
3) Sew according to my own personal style. I've always sewed what I've liked but I haven't really figured out my own personal style until more recently. It's a dash of trend, but mostly classic, lady-like, style... with a bit of quirk.
4) Up my quality. I hope to learn and utilize some better finishing and tailoring techniques this next year so that I have great looking clothes that will last.
5) Comment more often. If I'm following your blog, I've read just about everything you've written. But I'm terrible about commenting. I hope to comment on the blogs and forums I follow at least once a week.
I can't believe how much the online sewing community has changed and grown and I'm excited to see what it will bring in 2013. I am finding interesting, new blogs out there all the time. It's exciting to see that young, hip women (and men) are interested in sewing and making amazing things!
Happy New Year everyone!