I've been wanting to make this top for awhile after first admiring Amanda's version. Amanda is one of my sewing idols. She is always making things that look like they came from a high-end boutique.
I came across this tie dye print from Mood Fabrics and I thought it would work up well with this pattern. I spent $20 for the fabric. It's a lightweight knit so I should be able to wear it into early Spring.
This was very easy to sew. I like the exposed seams of the raglan style sleeves. I also like the longer length and asymmetrical hem line. I took some tips from Amanda and made a few changes. I cut the back on the fold and omitted the ribbon trim that the pattern would have you apply. Like Amanda, I did not use a twin needle for the topstitching. I simply sewed 1/8 of an inch on either side of the exposed seam and trimmed the SA close to the stitching. I applied the neck binding with right sides facing together, pressed the seam to the inside, and topstitched the SA 1/8 of an inch away. I chose to leave the sleeves and hem unfinished as the pattern suggests. I think the hippy tie-dye theme went well with the exposed seams and unfinished hem. This took about 3 hours to sew.
I'm happy with this top in the end. It's a style I normally wouldn't have picked for myself if I had not seen Amanda's version... but I'm glad I tried it out. It's comfortable and casual but a step up from just jeans and a t-shirt. I could see making view B which has a cowl neck.
I wore this to our local public gardens. There wasn't a lot of flowers in bloom this time of year but still some cool scenery for photos!