Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Seamwork Rhett and Lito

Hello there! This week I am sharing my Seamwork Rhett jacket and Lito dress. Not one to sew for the seasons, my Rhett is done, right in time for a record 106 degrees today!  I'm not off season, I'm just planning for my 2020 Fall and Winter wardrobe, right? My Lito dress can be worn all Summer long!

Let's start with the Lito dress. This pattern is a simple, easy to throw on and go, dress. The original version is an above the knee version with sporty looking neckline and sleeve bands. I sewed up the bonus version, which gives this softer look. It has a scoop neckline and the length is below the knee with a lovely curved hem. I used a cotton spandex printed knit from Joann Fabrics. I've had it in my stash for about 3 years. I loved the print but couldn't figure out what to make it into. I instantly thought of it when I saw this pattern. I made a 14, without any changes. I sewed up the seams with my serger and sewed the hems with my coverstitch machine. It took less than 2 hours. Nothing earth-shattering here. It is a quick and easy project and I love the finished look! I'm thinking that this would be great for some nightshirts, cut about 12 inches shorter. 

The jacket is the Rhett pattern. I got this vibrant mustard denim from a local fabric swap. I instantly fell in love with the color and had my eyes on it, eagerly awaiting my turn to grab a piece of fabric at the swap. Luckily, I didn't have to fight anyone for it. I am so not a pattern hacker. I am a boring, sew it as it looks, kind of girl- not including the occasional length changes. But I really loved the suggested hacks Seamwork included for the Rhett, and I used 2 of them. The instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. I made a back yoke and center back pleat. I love the little bit of room this gives in the back. I added hidden front pockets! These were trickier but worked out just fine by following the instructions. I cut and sewed a 14. I ran out of fabric and shortened the sleeves by 3 inches. They turned out to be full length sleeves still (this may mean you might want to check the length before you cut)! This was a longer project, taking about 5 hours. I topstitched with a heavy-duty thread. I love the end look. The mustard fabric is a stretch for me, not a color I would normally wear, but it is a nice change of pace. 

*I am a Seamwork Ambassador! In exchange for a complimentary year long membership, I have agreed to sew and post 10 patterns. Reviews and opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment